Project Description

Grace Church began as a Sunday school in 1884, meeting in Norwood homes and the Ivanhoe Railroad Station. The group of thirty soon became the Ivanhoe Methodist Episcopal Church, with Reverend Charles W. Rishell preaching the first sermon on September 30, 1885. Reverend George M. Hammell was the first official pastor. The church’s name was changed to Grace in 1896.